Saturday, May 24, 2014

Craft Culture Luncheon

A couple of weekends ago I attended the Craft Culture Networking Luncheon at House of Tricks. I've been trying to focus my free time on building my photography business so I've been putting myself out there, even though I get totally nervous and anxious at these things! 


The luncheon was casual with a small group of about 15 women and the majority of them being artists, so I wasn't completely out of my comfort zone. It was pretty inspiring hearing these ladies tell their stories about their passions. I learned that so many of them, like myself, have full time jobs as well as a creative business on the side.



Our host, Leanne Cairns of Belyn Design, is so sweet and genuine. Along with a 9 - 5 job, she creates unique handbags sold at Anthropologie. She's also the face behind Craft Culture, helping others follow their dreams.

House of Tricks was not only a gorgeous location, the food was amazing! They even created a special dish for this vegan here and I couldn't have been happier. 
 


I had a wonderful time meeting new ladies and making new friends. Their energy was so powerful and uplifting. I really hope I get to work with these women and collaborate sometime in the future. 


At the luncheon Leanne announced an upcoming retreat in Sedona scheduled for the first of the year. It'll be a weekend getaway filled with art classes and yoga so pretty much the best weekend retreat ever! I can't wait to find out more about the retreat. 

3 comments :

  1. I hear ya- I'm always nervous putting myself out there too :) So glad you went and had a good time, sounds like a great event! And Tricks food is super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I do my best to respond to questions, but please feel free to email me at: ALesoing [at] gmail [dot] com. :)

You might like these: