Friday, January 31, 2014

On This Kick

Photo By: Jayare
Blouse (under sweater): Urban Outfitters
Sweater: vintage/thrifted
Pants: Target
Shoes: Payless
Bolo Tie: thrifted

I'm usually not much of a pants girl, but I've been wearing pants a lot more lately. Maybe it's because I've finally found a pair of comfy pants that are actually cute (in my opinion, anyway). I found this awesome bolo tie at a garage sale last month for $2! My first bolo tie, but hopefully not my last!

I've been following Jessie of Creating Happy on her journey through simplifying her life and it's been so inspiring to me. Now I'm on this kick of getting rid of "stuff" that I don't need and letting go of things that don't make me happy. What's the use of holding on to something that you don't even like?

Something I recently let go of was my (second) job at the College Times. As much as loved having the opportunity to share my photography in a printed publication, it just wasn't bringing me joy like it used to. I even found myself dreading some assignments. Ultimately, I wanted to free up some time to focus on Superstition Vintage and my personal photo business.

Up until about six months ago I would fill my schedule so that I had something going on each and everyday, but now that just sounds awful to me! I think that I was too focused on being productive instead of actually enjoying what I was doing. And now I feel burnt out. Do you ever feel like you're on autopilot, running from one thing to the next, but not actually living and experiencing your life to the fullest? Well, that's kind of how it's been for me and I don't want to live like that anymore!

I want to love everything that I do or at least try to make everything I do a little more enjoyable. So, my goal for 2014 is to learn to relax and really experience (and enjoy) life a little more. I want to focus on maintaining a healthy diet and exercise more. I want to love my life instead of just live it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it does to me.

8 comments :

  1. That's cool that you're trying to simplify!! I know I hold on to too much but it seems so overwhelming to go through it and get rid of things. I love your bolo tie, I am totally into those but I haven't found one yet!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem a little overwhelming to go through and get rid of things at first, but it feels so much better once you're finished!

      Delete
  2. I bet it feel like you have so much more time now! I'm glad I got to have my College Times debut during your time there :) I love the bolo! Brian gave me a couple for xmas and they're such a fun, new accessory for me. Good luck with your simplifying goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do and I love it! I've been spending most of my free time just relaxing! I forgot how great that is! :)

      Delete
  3. nice look *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thanks for the shout out. :) I'm so happy that I am inspiring you. It sounds like you are making some great decisions for yourself. I'm actually thinking about doing the project 333 soon. It's a challenge to downsize your wardrobe. I need the help simply because I don't wear over half of my clothes and I feel I am horrible at putting outfits together. :( Keep up your great work at simplifying your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! I like the idea of the 333 project! Good luck with it! I don't know if I'm brave enough to do that just yet!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I do my best to respond to questions, but please feel free to email me at: ALesoing [at] gmail [dot] com. :)

You might like these: