Friday, December 20, 2013

Letting Go

Photo by: Jayare
Cardigan: thrifted
Dress: Wet Seal

I've been working really hard at simplifying things in my life. Getting rid of clutter around the house and donating clothes that I haven't worn in a long time has been a huge part of this process. Allowing myself to let go of things that I don't need has been very therapeutic for me. I've also been working at simplifying my online presence. Instead of sharing a bunch of photos of the same outfit, I'm just going to share one or two. I'm also going to be sharing all updates on Superstition Vintage here instead of worrying about updating the Superstition Vintage blog. 

Sometimes it just gets to be too much with two blogs, an online shop, setting up pop-up shops, running my photo business, working a full time (and a second part time) job and spending time with my family. I'm allowing myself to let go of some things so that I can really focus on the things that matter most. It's hard to juggle all of this and the last thing I want is to be overwhelmed and stressed out, especially this time of year! 

9 comments :

  1. I completely know what you mean about simplifying life, sometimes it can feel like you're juggling so much you can't just sit back and enjoy the things you're doing.
    Good luck with letting go, I know it's a big aim of mine to simplify life a little more lately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That's it exactly! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I have been talking about the topic of simplifying a lot lately on my blog. I am donating things like crazy, hope to sell our house so that we can downsize to a studio apartment and selling my entire vintage toy collection. It feels AWESOME. I love this outfit on you by the way. Your hair is getting so long!!! It's so beautiful. You were one of the reasons I decided to stop bleaching mine. Every time I saw how healthy yours is, I wanted that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does feel awesome! Thank you, you are so sweet! :)

      Delete
  3. that is a really pretty dress! good job on simplifying your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thatta girl! there really is something so liberating about simplifying. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute dress :)

    It sounds like you have tons of stuff on your plate! It might be easier to do one blog and promote your shop/photo business on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your maxi!! so fun! love love love your blog! andddd I am your newest follower! hey-o!

    xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

    [also, there is a little giveaway up on my blog at the moment]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I do my best to respond to questions, but please feel free to email me at: ALesoing [at] gmail [dot] com. :)

You might like these: